Someone asked me the other day when we picked Ella's name and I couldn't remember. I went back through some old emails and found that we knew her name before we even knew she was a girl. The day we found out, we were already calling her Ella Grace. I can't remember if we had a boy name too. I wish I could find some note somewhere with the name we might have had if Ella was a boy. Its been 3 weeks now since we found out this sweet baby is a boy and we still cannot pick a name. Last week I sent an email with a list of almost 40 names to our family. I asked each of them to pick their top 10 and email us back. Ryan and I decided we wouldn't use their choices to persuade ours, but it was still fun. In the process, Ryan and I each picked our own top 10 and then compared all the results. Then because I am OCD, I made a spreadsheet. Ha.
I'd like to say you now know how crazy I am. But I'm pretty sure if you know me, you know how crazy I am anyways. The names highlighted in blue in the far left column, are the names that Ryan and I both had on our top 10 list. We are trying to pick from those 6. However, the name we pick today will somehow not end up the name we want tomorrow. I think I am eventually going to give up control and let Ryan make the choice. This way I can stop having nightmares about having John Doe on a birth certificate. Plus I want Colby and if you take a look you'll see that its at the bottom of his list. Its a losing battle!
We already knew you were crazy! Good luck picking out a name. I let Brent pick when he said mine was too hickish (Clayton Landon) Lots of love, I hope to see you when I come down this summer.
ReplyDeleteLisa
Hi,
ReplyDeleteHow about Joey Dean?? Just don't call him Jimmy Dean! Colby reminds me of cheese.
I always thought that if I had a baby I'd have to wait a few weeks to get to know him/her, but maybe you do when you actually have the critter in your womb for 8-10 months??
I love Nathaniel, and I like Cole - Hey, Nat King Cole!
Actually, I guess I missed out that your baby is a boy. How cool! Is Ella G. excited?
I love you Ames!
Jules